Friday 29th March.

Weather briefing aboard Skeddadle to compare notes on researching and reading the weather for our upcoming trip to New Cal. Conclusions: Greg is even more pedantic and anal than me in these matters. Interpret that to mean Greg knows more than I do on the subject.

After lunch, expecting the breeze to have arrived we set off for Pittwater. Not only had the breeze arrived, it had been there for some time and quite strong over the ebbing tide to create a very nasty sea state. We got tossed around badly and even had the toaster and Lea's flash new kettle thrown off the bench onto the floor as we passed through the heads. The breezed died out again as we entered Broken Bay. Found a free mooring in Little Shark Bay for the night.

Saturday 30th March

Dinghied up to Jerusalem Bay at a civilised hour but still managed to catch David and Heather on Billyana in bed. Left them to it and went for a walk up to the top of the escarpment toward Brooklyn. A very steep climb up this part of the Great North Walk but some great views. Back down for coffee with David and Heather. After moving GL into Jerusalem Bay that afternoon, we enjoyed drinks with the CCCA group standing in ankle deep water on the beach as it was a very high low tide. A nice bunch of people who made us very welcome. Dinner on board Billyana with Tom and Jenny of Kahlua joining us as well. A fun night was had.

Monday 31st March

Morning walk in company to Cowan along the Great North Walk the other way. Moved on to Waratah Bay to search for an Aboriginal Cave we had heard about. Billyana joined us. We had to anchor in 20 meters requiring 60 meters of chain out. Our first attempt to find the cave failed so Heather phoned a friend for better directions. Not in Waratah Bay at all but on the other side at Peach Trees. Finally found the cave which had both aboriginal carvings as well as carvings from WW1 soldiers of special ops force “Z” who trained in the area.

Dinner onboard GL with David and Heather

1st April 2013

Slightly hungover we motored out to Barrenjoey Head at the entrance of Broken Bay in calm conditions, picked up a mooring and relaxed for the rest of the morning. The breeze came in from the East late afternoon so we had a great sail under full Main and Screecher averaging 7-8 knots in 8-11 knots of breeze on the beam. Anchored off Collins Beach again for the night back in Sydney Harbour.